What personal information does Librestream collect to do business with me?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Postal Code
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Payment card number
- Payment card expiry date
- Banking information
- Purchase history
How does Librestream use this information?
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
- Completing a sale/transaction
- Customer Service
- Customer relationship management
- Internal analytics processes
What rights do I have regarding Librestream’s use of my personal information?
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal information
- Access and receive a copy of your personal information and any other supplementary information that is stored by Librestream
- Have inaccurate personal information rectified/corrected or completed if it is incomplete
- Request the deletion or removal of your personal information
- ‘Block’ or restrict processing of your personal information
- Obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services
- Object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstance
- Not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and where it produces an adverse legal effect or significantly affects you. You have the right to obtain human intervention, express your point of view, and obtain an explanation of the decision and challenge it.
Can I opt out of marketing or promotional information?
Of course! You can opt out of receiving marketing/promotional information from us at any time by using our Contact Us webpage.
Does Librestream share my information with third parties?
If it’s a necessary part of any of the transactions listed above, Librestream may need to disclose your information to another company. For example, we pass on your name and address to a courier company to complete a delivery. Librestream does not sell your personal information to any third parties. Librestream may be required to disclose personal information in the event of a court order or operation of law.
What information is shared when using Onsight Connect?
Librestream’s hosted services retain the following account data:
- Onsight user name and password hash
- User’s first name and last name
- User’s email address and/or phone number
- User’s Onsight video address (SIP URI) and encrypted SIP password
- User’s list of Onsight Contacts
- Device types
- IP Addresses
- Host names
- Call history
- Call statistics
- Location data
What information is shared when using Onsight Flow?
Onsight Flow retains the following account data:
- User name and password
- User email address
- Location (if enabled on the device)
- Device name and type
- IP address
- Log data (may include records of user activity on both the client application and the dashboard web application including user names, user email addresses, IP addresses, geographic locations, and names/makes/models/operating systems of connected devices)
- Application events (may include the start and end time and date of application sessions and application crashes which could include user names, user email addresses, IP addresses, geographic locations, and names/makes/models/operating systems of connected devices)
- Job results
How do Librestream’s services use this information?
Librestream uses this information to:
- Facilitate Onsight sessions
- Provide usage reporting information
- Perform troubleshooting and support of the Onsight platform
- Perform internal analytics to improve workflow and improvements
Do Librestream’s services store my media such as images, audio, or video files?
The choice is yours – you can choose to capture images, audio, or video files and store them locally on an Onsight endpoint, on Librestream Onsight Workspace servers, or even disable still image capture and video/audio recordings on all endpoints depending on your business and privacy needs.
Where do Librestream services store data?
Librestream’s hosted services are cloud-based and are available in multiple regions worldwide depending on your location.
Does Librestream use any third parties?
Librestream may enter into agreements with third parties for necessary aspects of its services such as:
- Hosted/cloud services
- GeoIP location
- Captcha services
- SSL certifications
- Sending guest invites via SMS/email
How does Librestream protect my information and data?
Librestream is certified to both ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 27018:2014 and has suitable physical and process-based safeguards in place to keep your information secure.
How long does Librestream keep my information and data?
Librestream keeps your information and data for the duration of the services you are actively procuring from Librestream. When you are no longer subscribed to use Librestream’s services, your information and data is deleted within 60 days.
Is Librestream compliant with the GDPR?
Yes, Librestream is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
Does Librestream perform analytics based on customer data?
Librestream may analyze customer data as part of its internal analytics process for the purpose of determining workflow and software improvements, usage trending, and other analyses to help Librestream better understand customer usage for its internal business processes. This data is strictly used internally and is not shared with any third parties. You may request that your data not be used for this purpose and you can request that your data be deleted from our analytics process at any time.
Who do I contact if I have concerns or questions about privacy?
For any concerns related to the privacy of the information you share with us, please contact us at email@example.com or at:
Librestream Technologies Inc.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
895 Waverley Street, Suite 110
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
If you are unsatisfied with our response to your privacy concerns, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at 1-800-282-1376 or the Privacy Commissioner in your respective state, province, or country.